Publication Limitations: Digital copies are protected with Digital Rights Management (DRM) software and will have a visible watermark when printed. The purchase and use of digital copies will require the installation of software and a license (both provided by TCNA). The provided license is available for access on up to two devices. Visit our LockLizard FAQ page for more information regarding our DRM software. Publication purchases in hard copy or digital copy format are non-refundable.
American National Standard Specification A137.3 describes the minimum physical properties and grading procedures for gauged porcelain tiles and gauged porcelain tile panels/slabs. It provides quality criteria for buyers, specifiers, installers, manufacturers, and the public in general. ”Gauged” means manufactured to a thickness that is specific and largely associated with installation and use. Tile panels/slabs are those that are one square meter in facial area or larger. Some of the key issues addressed by this standard are:
- Floor, wall, and countertop strength criteria for “Table 4” gauged products that have a declared nominal thickness within the range of 5.0 to 6.5 mm
- Wall and countertop strength criteria for “Table 5” gauged products that have a declared nominal thickness within the range of 3.5 to 4.9 mm
- Thickness accuracy and precision criteria
- Provisions for sampling and visual inspection, considering tile panels/slabs can be very large
- Provisions for gauged products with back layer reinforcing
American National Standard A108.19 provides procedures and requirements for interior installation of gauged porcelain tiles and gauged porcelain tile panels/slabs. These products require unique installation and workmanship considerations, and some of the key issues addressed by this standard addresses include:
- Floor and wall installation procedures for ANSI A137.3 “Table 4” gauged products
- Wall installation procedures for ANSI A137.3 “Table 5” gauged products
- Substrate requirements
- Lippage criteria and use of lippage control systems
- Unique coverage criteria and evaluation procedures
- Special floor setting provisions that involve embedding by walking
Non-profit? Contact us for special pricing (non-profit entity must be the purchaser).
Interested in multi-user access? See additional options available through our publications partners.